CAHN PROPERTY SOLUTIONS
Creating a Salt lounge
We were approached by our client with a very unique project in mind, that being, to create a “Salt Lounge”. This in essence is a drug free salt therapy clinic that customers can attend and use the lounge to sit and relax while fine salt is fed into the room through specialised machinery. The therapy helps with a range of problems, from skin conditions to asthma. What an interesting project!
Scope of Works
– To provide drawings and plans to make the best use of the space and then manage the Planning and Building Control process with the Local Authority
– To carry out a full strip out of the existing office space and remove redundant partition walls and services
– Rebuild partition walls with insulation to form the salt lounges, reception area, WC and kitchen
– Install specialist ventilation machinery
– Carry out the full internal fit out and decoration including all plumbing and electrical work – including the application of salt to the walls and ceiling of the two lounges
– Lay new flooring throughout
Most certainly the biggest challenge was the application of the salt to the walls, not only was this a very lengthy but had to be done in controlled circumstances to ensure that the salt set on the walls. The construction of the walls for the lounges also required additional insulation and application of chicken wire to assist with the salt application. As this was such a unique project it certainly was great to be involved and we wish them luck in their business.
Great things people are saying about us…
“The look and feel of our space, combined with the specific requirements for these environments meant that the team from Cahn Property Solutions had to work in challenging circumstances to an extremely high standard. We couldn’t be happier with the finish of our therapy spaces, reception area and facilities, all of which have received positive comments from our clients”